How To Transfer Data From One MTN Line To Another
a) Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share, you will receive a unique security PIN
b) You are required to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN they can easily remember by dialing*131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN to 131. For Example: Change 0000 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
c) After changing the PIN, kindly add beneficiaries by sending the text ADD (space) Beneficiary’s phone number (space) PIN to 131. An example is ADD 08030000001 1234 (send as a text) to 131. You can also dial *131*2*3# to do the same registration of beneficiaries.
d) To share data after adding beneficiaries, kindly text SHARE (space) PIN to 131 or dial *131*2*4#.
Other Important Data Share Facts:
1. A sponsor can change pin by texting Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN” to 131.For Example: CHANGE 1234 7777 4444 to 131 or by dialing *131*2*5#.
2. A sponsor can decide to stop data sharing with his/her beneficiaries by texting keyword “END PIN” to 131.
3. A sponsor can view his/her beneficiary list by dialing *131*2*4# or by texting Ben to 131.
4. A the sponsor can view the beneficiary’s data balance by texting 2 to 131 while a beneficiary can check his MTN Shared Data Bundle Usage by texting 3 to 131.
5. A sponsor can check his/her beneficiaries’ usage by sending the beneficiaries Phone numbers to 131.
6. To delete a beneficiary from data share, kindly dial *131*2*6#, enter the beneficiary’s phone number and click OK.
(a)Sponsors available data bundle will be shared equally with all the beneficiaries and the sponsor. If the sponsor’s data bundle is 250MB and the sponsor added 4 beneficiaries. When the sponsor activates share via the share command, both the sponsor and the beneficiaries will receive 50MB.
(b) A sponsor can share data with a maximum of five phone numbers.
(c) If a sponsor adds another beneficiary after sharing an existing data bundle because he/she has not reached the limit of 5 beneficiaries, the newly added beneficiary can only receive data share in two categories:
I. The sponsor can decide to trigger share again. In this case only the sponsor’s data balance will be shared with the new beneficiary on a 50:50 basis.
II.The sponsor can wait till the next cycle (after data auto renewal or purchase of new data bundle) and share with all beneficiaries equally including the new beneficiary